No one likes being under prepared, especially when it comes to cycling. We train hard for big races and our target events on the calendar, but we can’t control everything. In some instances, things happen that are out of our control, your tire goes flat as you launch your attack or the rider in front of you changes their line and you end up in a massive pile up or you are out on the trails and get taken out by an antelope…
You get the picture, there are somethings that we really do not have any control over. However, we can prepare ourselves for these situations and make sure that we have the adequate cover to suit our cycling needs.
How exactly can you prepare for the unexpected?
We can’t plan or control everything and we aren’t suggesting that you try. As a cyclist there are options and tools that you can use to prepare. One of these is bicycle insurance that has been design by cyclists for cyclists.
How is this cover different from simply listing or adding your bicycle onto your household insurance policy? There are a few key differentiators, which stand out and we discuss these below, for the full comparison table visit our website or you can give us a call.
Similarly, to other bicycling insurance solutions, Sundays Insurance covers your bicycle for accidental or crash damage and theft. This is a fairly standard feature of insurance even when you list your bicycle under your general household policy. If you are planning your next cycling trip, whether it be international or local you can ride knowing that you are covered with our International travel insurance.
Onto the differentiators and real value adds for cyclists!
- Cycling kit is expensive and you want to take care of it. Sundays Insurance provides up to $1000 ($500 per claim) for any damage or loss of cycling apparel if you file a claim on your policy should your bicycle have been damaged or stolen.
- If you are traveling to an event and your bicycle is damaged or stolen on route we will cover the rental of a bicycle to allow you to compete in the event. We get that riding means a lot and will do our best to ensure that you always have a bicycle available to you.
- Customising a bicycle to a rider’s needs is something that we all love to do, some may put a bigger investment behind it than others. That’s why as part of our standard policy we’ll provide up to $1000 ($500 per claim) for any damage or loss to additional parts that you had put on your bicycle.
- As cyclists we share the road with other road users and unfortunately accidents do happen. The bicycle liability cover that Sundays Insurance offers protects you as a cyclist against public liability, with cover of up to $1,000,000.
- Sharing the road with cars is intimidating and scary. In the event that you are hit by an uninsured vehicle or driver, we will cover your injury costs up to the benefit limit you have selected when taking out your policy.
- Flexibility and ease of access are two things that we pride ourselves on. If you need to make changes to your policy or maybe you just want to chat about bicycle. You can call one of our bicycle insurance specialists and they will take care of your needs.
At Sundays Insurance we are keen and avid cyclists. We have thought of the insurance cover that you need so that should some of the “what ifs” that we don’t like to think about happen to you, you will have the adequate cover required.
You can’t plan for the unexpected but you can prepare for it, if you are a keen cyclist consider bicycle insurance that has been designed by cyclists for cyclists so that you are covered adequately for your cycling needs. We help take care of your needs while you are out on your bicycle so that you can spend more time enjoying the moment and less time worrying.